Athos is an early stage venture-backed startup developing a game-changing product for the fitness and athletic market. We are creating wearable technology two generations ahead of current market leaders. We combine this with back-end data processing to provide real-time feedback to optimize and improve an athlete’s performance.
Our premier product will be released in less than a year and you will be responsible for entire pieces of the final design. We are looking for individuals who can take responsibility for projects, and run them like their own.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Self starter with an ability to work with minimal oversight
- Experience making things that people use, wear, and play with
- Ability to prototype ideas the same day you think of them
- A hacker who is not afraid to get dirty
- 3-7 years experience
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or related field
- Experience with plastic injection molding, silicone molding and surface finishes
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD; prefer Solidworks
- Experience with different materials, enclosures, water sealing and wearable consumer electronics
- Good problem solver, critical thinker, and able to design reliability/wear tests
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing processes and techniques
- Friendly, articulate, and interested in working in a fun, small team environment
- Love of fitness a plus