Sr. Platform Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer you will help support our data platform that includes platform API, web services, data processing pipelines, data security and data warehousing.
- Work cross-functionally as part of the platform team designing/creating/deploying APIs, new data transformations, managing databases, , and supporting production operations
- Creating the tools for infrastructure management, monitoring, and scalability
- Help build and maintain development and deployment tools for the stack
- Work with engineering and research teams to architect and deploy their algorithms, provide operational support for or new and existing applications and debugging production issues
- Create, deploy, configure, support and troubleshoot issues with networked application environments
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. You like making things happen
- 8-10+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of expert-level knowledge in Python Systems
- 3-4 years of expert-level knowledge in various AWS data processing technologies
- Solid CS fundamentals combined with a wide range of SW applications and experiences
- Proven track record of technical leadership in both startups and large companies
- Strong background in data platform architectures and following through to implementations
- History of success in building or improving systems while supporting existing applications and users
Bonus points for:
- Experience with MySQL, No SQL, Jenkins, Ansible, Node/JS, iOS development
- Experience implementing TDD, CI/CD
- Experience developing infrastructure for big data and Machine learning
- Experience with system monitoring tools and services
- Interest in staying up-to-date on the latest technologies and sports
What we offer:
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Company paid comprehensive benefits for employees: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability. Company pays 50% for family medical and dental.
- Flexible spending account, Commuter benefits, 401(k)
- Catered lunches and exceptional snack game
- In-house personal training, mobility workshops & yoga
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Flexible PTO
Athos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and please be sure to include the title of the position in the subject line of your email.